August 21, 2020 at 12:19 pm

XM release shows average daily energy generation in Colombia was 184.4 GWh

By Sandesh Ilhe

Status of the main variables of the Colombian electricity system as of July 31, 2020: energy reservoirs, water inputs, generation and energy demand:

Power reservoirs

The aggregate level of the electric power generation reservoirs stood at 62.5% of the useful volume, 15 points above the level reported at the end of June (47.5%). When performing the analysis by hydrological regions, the Caribbean is at 78.6%, Valle at 64.8%, Oriente 76.5%, Antioquia 61.9% and Center 53%.

Hydric inputs

Water contributions closed the month with an average of 104.3% compared to the historical monthly average. The region with the highest water contributions was Valle with 120.65%, followed by Antioquia with 115.41%.

Generation

On average, during the month of July, energy generation was 184.4 GWh-day, 3.64% above that reported in May (177.89 GWh-day).

83.20% of generation, equivalent to an average 153.4 GWh-day, was the product of renewable resources; the remaining 16.80%, equivalent to an average 31 GWh-day, was from non-renewable resources.

Energy demand

Energy demand in the month of July 2020 decreased -3.80% compared to the same month of 2019 in which there was a growth of 3.30%. So far this year it has reached an accumulated growth of -3.11%.

The full statement is available here .



Sandesh Ilhe

With an Engineers degree in Advanced Database Management and Information Security, Sandesh brings the deep understanding of the digital world to the table. His articles reflect the challenges and the complexities that come along with every disruption in the industry. He carries over six years of experience on working with websites and ensuring that the right article reaches the right reader.

© 2021 Smart Energy and Power News. All Rights Reserved.